TT$200K raised for charity in A Prayer for Peace II
on December 31, 2011 in
The Marionettes’ Gretta Taylor, with BP’s Robert Riley and the late Astra Da Costa, donate to the Rotary’s Grenada Hurricane Relief efforts. Photo: Butch Limchoy
This year, we are thrilled to be able to have raised another TT$200,000 for our A Prayer for Peace II charity partners, in addition to the nearly TT$2 million we have raised over the last decade for a wide range of organisations doing amazing work across our nation and the region.
Each of our six partner charities this year will receive over TT$30,000 each for their incredible work:
- the LoveUntil Foundation’s countless social outreach programmes that provide care for abandoned children, battered women, HIV positive patients, drug addicts, and many other people in need the Laventille community of Port of Spain
- the fund for the restoration of a national monument, the Cathedral for the Immaculate Conception
- the fund for the rebuilding of the La Madeleine Orphanage in Haiti
- the All Saints Church renovation fund
- the Greyfriars/St. Ann’s Church of Scotland restoration fund
- and, since charity begins at home, the Marionettes’ own Property Fund.
As always, in collaboration with sponsors bpTT, we were also delighted present what is always the highlight for us of the concert series: our traditional special matinée, a free performance for senior citizens and children from institutions across the island which care for some of our society’s most vulnerable.
Thank-you all for your support in being able to donate to these fantastic organisations! We hope you had a wonderful holiday season, and wish you every health, happiness and blessing for 2012!